The term “Lighting or Illumination” refers to the purposeful use of light to produce functional or aesthetically pleasing effects in order to enlighten or brighten a location. Many lighting manufacturers, both in the UAE and throughout the world, construct a lighting plan that makes use of both man-made light sources, like light fixtures and natural illumination from daylight.
Many of the lighting suppliers in the UAE work in a variety of lighting markets and provide all led lighting services, such as lighting for warehouses, stadiums, factories, garages, streets, offices, retail lighting, and so on.
However, as far as I’m aware, there aren’t many businesses that specialize in particular lighting ideas, such as an office or retail lighting alone. On their websites and in their company profiles, the majority of lighting suppliers in the UAE present themselves as “Manufacturers” and show a few pictures of their setup and workspace. They do have an assembly line for the installation of lighting equipment, but they are not producers. Most of them are traders who work with a range of lighting brands created in “China, Europe, and India,” among others.
Manufacturers must consider the factors stated below to achieve maximum performance and endurance of the full LED luminaire system, including the LED driver, resulting in the benefits of employing an LED system.
- Energy Efficiency – Energy efficiency is one of the key arguments for switching to LED lights. The luminous efficacies of white LED packages with phosphor conversion have increased over the previous ten years, going from 85 lm/W to over 200 lm/W.
- Optical Delivery Efficiency – The capacity to achieve high luminaire optical efficiency with LED lighting is less widely known to ordinary customers but is highly desired by lighting designers. This is in addition to huge advances in light source efficacy. A significant design problem in the field has been the efficient conveyance of the light emitted by light sources to the target.
- Illumination Uniformity – One of the key goals in both interior ambient and outdoor area/roadway lighting designs is uniform illumination. A measure of the distribution of illumination over an area is called uniformity. A job surface or area should get an even distribution of incident lumens under good lighting.
- Directional Illumination – LEDs are ideally suited for directed illumination due to their high flux density and directional emission pattern. A directional luminaire concentrates light from the source into a focused beam that travels uninterruptedly from the luminaire to the target area.
- Spectral Engineering – With the help of LED technology, it is now possible to modify the spectral power distribution (SPD) of the light source, allowing the light’s spectrum to be customized for different uses. With regards to lighting goods, spectral controllability enables the spectrum to be designed to elicit human visual, physiological, psychological, plant photoreceptor, semiconductor detector (such as an HD camera), or even a mix of such reactions.
- On/Off Switching – In single digit to tens of nanoseconds, LEDs turn on to full brightness, and they switch off in tens of nanoseconds. In comparison, small fluorescent lamps can take up to three minutes for the bulb to warm up or attain its maximum light output.
- Dimming Capability – While fluorescent and HID lamps do not respond well to dimming, LEDs do so perfectly due to their capacity to provide light output in a very dynamic way. To maintain the gas excitation and voltage conditions when dimming fluorescent lamps, expensive, big, and complicated circuitry is required.
- Controllability – In order to execute various intelligent lighting techniques, from dynamic lighting and adaptive lighting to whatever IoT comes next, lighting systems may easily integrate sensors, processors, controllers, and network interfaces.
- Design Flexibility – Because LEDs are so small, light source designers can create them in a variety of shapes and sizes. Because of this physical trait, designers have more leeway to convey their design philosophies or create brand identities.
- Durability – Instead of a glass bulb or tube, as is the case with traditional incandescent, halogen, fluorescent, and HID lamps, which produce light using filaments or gases, an LED produces light from a block of semiconductors.
- Product Life – One of the primary benefits of LED lighting is its extended lifespan, yet assertions to the contrary may be made based solely on the lifetime measure for the LED package (light source). The moment in time when the luminous flux output has decreased to 70% of its starting output or L70, is frequently used to determine the usable life of an LED package, an LED lamp, or an LED luminaire (light fixtures). At Ta = 85 °C, LEDs (LED packages) typically have L70 lifetimes of between 30,000 and 100,000 hours. To estimate the L70 life of LED packages using the TM-21 approach, LM-80 measurements are used; however, they are performed with the LED packages working continuously under well-regulated operating circumstances.
There were just a handful of reliable and well-known lighting manufacturers in the UAE during the Pre-Covid era, including Starsline, Ansorg, LTS, Huda Lighting, Al Rostamani, Microlights, and Avolux. With only these providers competing for customers, Starsline, Ansorg, and Microlights had the majority of the market share. Ansorg and Microlights are European manufacturers; Starsline had a lighting brand named E-Claire that was performing phenomenally in the retail sector even though it was made in China. The non-compromising quality of Starsline’s products, their quick after-sales service, and their competitive pricing helped to persuade customers to choose them over other European lighting brands.
The UAE now has many LED Light Suppliers in Dubai, most manufacturers focus primarily on retail, such as CION, Plus Lights, Zeta Lumen, Ansorg, Gardler, HSI, Hansa Green, Lival, and Quatrobi. The post-Covid age is a whole new ballgame for lighting suppliers and the market in general since consumers are now very price-sensitive and don’t place as much value on high-quality lighting products or efficient lighting designs.
LED Light Suppliers in Dubai must rethink and replan their strategy considering the challenging market that lies ahead. Many have built up their manufacturing facilities in order to cut back on imports from China and other countries, as business logistics costs have escalated. They are compelled to create a cost-effective product line in order to keep their current clients and remain competitive. The majority of the smaller suppliers are inactive and were compelled to shut down. Suppliers must adapt to the market’s demands in this time of increased cost sensitivity.